Environmentally Aware Products
Sound environmental practices are the foundation of Kellex’s manufacturing process. Our products are made of renewable and/or recyclable materials, and they’re built to last. We find innovative ways to build our products in a sustainable way. Here’s how:
- We only use sustainable hardwoods certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Appalachian Hardwoods Manufacturing Inc. (AHMI) and/or Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI).
- We only use woods that are resourced, handcrafted and hand-finished in the USA by local artisans in North Carolina.
- We only use water-based dyes, not petroleum or chemically based products, because they are biodegradable and safe for our employees.
- We only use frame wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Appalachian Hardwoods Manufacturing Inc. (AHMI) and/or Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI).
- Frame padding materials are made of 100% recycled polyester fibers.
- Metal springs and bases are made of lead-free steel that is at least 90% recycled material.
- Our wood glues are water based.
- Our foam is made of soy-based materials.
- We reuse all our run-off and scrap material.
At our Factory
- We heat our entire 354,000-square foot factory with scrap wood and sawdust generated by our onsite sawmill.
- We ensure that our factory releases only steam, not any negative emissions.